We’re looking for an experienced Full-stack Developer to join the Calqulate team.
Calqulate’s mission is to bring financial knowledge to CEOs and founders, empowering them to make better business decisions and to reach their next funding round. Our vision is to create a software that unifies and automates a startup's financial and growth analytics, helping them scale and grow faster.
Calqulate is a tool that simplifies our customers’ financial reporting and forecasting. We provide CFOs, CEOs and founders with the accurate, up to date data they need to generate Customer acquisition costs (CAC), Lifetime Value (LTV) and Monthly Recurring Revenue (MRR), giving them a bird's-eye view of their company’s current and predicted growth path.
Our company—a diverse, multicultural and geographically dispersed organization—is one year old and growing fast. Our team members share some common traits, and we strive to create a culture of humility, reliability and approachability. We also like to remain factual.
About the role
As Senior Full-stack Developer, you will be responsible for managing and further developing our existing GraphQL/Node.js back-end and React.js front-end. You should have extensive experience in writing clean, functional code on the front- and back-end as well as testing and fixing bugs or other coding issues across the full stack.
You'll make a great match for the team if you have:
- 3+ years of experience in writing code hands-down across the full stack, specifically in Typescript.
- At least 2 solid years of experience in writing React.js web applications.
- Solid understanding and experience with Apollo Client, Material UI is required.
- Knowledge of relational database design principles is required.
- Previous experience in working with OAuth2 is required.
- Knowledge of GraphQL principles is a must; previous experience with Hasura is a plus.
- Experience collaborating with software engineers & teams to solve complex application problems.
- Solid knowledge and familiarity with Git and Jira.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- You love challenges, you thrive to get better everyday and positively learn from your own mistakes.
- Actively drive continuous engineering excellence within the tech team and across the organization.
- Engage with the team members to discuss and implement service improvements and new development.
- Work closely with the CTO to actively drive the organization technical roadmap.
- Ship incrementally and often, helping the team to maintain a constant flow of feedback on its work.
- Work with the Product Owner to ensure the technical roadmap meets requirements.
- Mentor other engineers on the team and feel passionate about improving not only the software but the team skillset as a whole.
- Be responsible for your deliverables from inception to operation and maintenance, including participating in team on-call rotations and support activities.
This is a full-time position. We're located at Station F in Paris, and at Maria01 in Helsinki. We have a flexible remote policy.
Please submit your application and CV, as well as relevant samples of your work.
We are processing applications as we receive them. All communications will be confidential.
Calqulate celebrates diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. The more inclusive we are, the better and more inclusive our work will be.